"Just as poetry uses words to go beyond language, yoga uses the body to go beyond form."
Poetry has the ability to inspire thought, expression, and creativity; it can also promote healing and personal growth. Through poetry we can connect to self, others, our communities, and our spirituality. Yoga opens up enormous channels of creativity and teaches us how to embrace the ‘process’ rather than focusing on the ‘goal’. Let us guide you through an interactive 3 hour workshop of yoga, meditation, and poetry; inspiring self expression through movement and creation.
This workshop is open to everyone. You do not need to be an experienced poet; nor have practiced yoga in order to join us. We promote inclusivity, and welcome all. We only ask that you come with an open mind, and be willing to explore your own creative potential.
What to expect:
- A yoga instructor will guide you through a moving meditation, removing obstacles in your physical and mental body; preparing you to connect to your creativity.
- Creation through word:
- A poetry workshop facilitator will lead you through empowering poetry exercises designed to encourage self expression, and explore your creative intuition.
What you’ll get:
- An opportunity to learn more about how yoga and meditation can support and promote creativity; and how poetry can be used as a self healing tool
- A supportive and nurturing environment to explore mindfulness, expression and creativity
- Increased self awareness; yoga promotes awareness of the body and mind, encouraging mindfulness and gently helping you to become aware of your thoughts. Poetry can help us become more attuned to what’s going on in our hearts and minds, through the process of expressing our thoughts and feelings
- Yoga and meditation tips and practical tools to implement into your life immediately, assisting with creative flow
- A poetry prescription to take away- including inspiring poetry, and exercise templates which will allow you to continue to create your own self healing poetry at home
- Nutritious snacks and refreshments
Prices from £200, minimum group of 6